- This event has passed.
June 4 @ 8:00 am - June 8 @ 11:30 pm
Date: Monday, June 4th – Friday June 8th
Group Size: 6 Photographers
Spend five days with me photographing the beautiful harbour side city of Sydney. This workshop is suitable for beginners through to the serious photographic enthusiast, with everyone producing professional quality images right from the start of the week. As long as you have a camera that can operate in manual mode, you’re camera is good to go! Don’t worry if you’ve always used ‘auto’ and never ventured to manual mode; there’s no better time or way to learn, as we will be working in a small group that will allow for plenty of one-to-one tuition and assistance. If you’re eager to learn about photography or hoping to improve, then I’m passionate to help you in any way I can.
During the course of the week we will be shooting some of the most picturesque aspects the city has to offer, with some great sunrise and sunset shots (as long as the weather cooperates). Importantly though, our workshop has been scheduled to coincide with the light spectacular that is ‘Vivid Sydney’! So long after the sun goes down, we will be shooting into the night at the best vantage points, capturing some of the amazing colours and designs that will be on display around the foreshore; incorporating the areas of the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Darling Harbour.
We all know that when you’re trying to get to that special location you’ve picked out to shoot sunrise, you don’t want to be travelling an hour to get there so we will be staying in a very good hotel between Circular Quay and Darling Harbour, which will include breakfast each morning.
Importantly, in organising the workshop it is my hope that I can remove the burden of a lot of the fiddly details from you and as such the cost of the workshop is inclusive of all meals, local transportation, entry fees and the like once the workshop commences.
- Photograph some of the most picturesque sights in the city of Sydney;
- Night photography to capture Vivid Sydney;
- 1-to-1 tuition at each location, as desired;
- General advice/suggestions at each location;
- Opportunity for some post-processing sessions;
- 4 nights accommodation in the heart of the city;
- All meals during the workshop (breakfast x 5, lunch x 5, dinner x 4);
- Local transport fees – trains, ferries, taxis
What to Bring
- Digital camera capable of operating in manual mode;
- Suitable clothing – the weather is Sydney in June is changeable with the average temperature range being 10-18C. We may be fortunate to get 5 sunny days but we may also get some rain. Unless it is extremely heavy, we will still go out.
- Good, comfortable walking shoes.
- Possibly consider some form of ‘wet weather cover’ for your equipment. Your choice.
Photographic Skill Level
- Suitable for beginners to serious enthusiast.
- Moderate – during the week there will be a fair amount of walking between locations as this is much quicker than transport in a big city. Most of the walking will be on level grade.